1-2-1 ONLINE Practical Leather Tuition with Georgie Tym
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
1-2-1 Online Tuition / Consultation with Georgie Tym
ONLINE and HOURLY
Online pattern cutting, making, design and business consultancy for Bags and Accessories.
Lead by Leathersmith and London College of Fashion Lecturer, Georgie Tym.
Who is 1-2-1 tuition for?
1-2-1 tuition is ideal for those who want a tailor made session with the convenience of online learning.
An excellent choice if you’re looking to make a bag, do pattern cutting, discuss your ideas or bag designs, or to engage in consultancy for your business. Access your online consultation from wherever you are.
What to expect
No matter your leather crafting dreams or goals, 1-2-1 tuition has you covered.
Your online session will be with Georgie Tym - Leathersmith, Hands of Tym founder and London College of Fashion Lecturer.
A pack of materials or tools can be arranged and sent to you at home for an extra cost - contact us by the email below to enquire about this.
Time: Sessions can be purchased in hourly increments, and can be bought as a bundle and used in one session, or across multiple sessions.
Location: Online. Hosted from the Hands of Tym Workshop in Oxfordshire, UK.
Zoom is the video app of choice for the tuition, but we are happy to discuss others.
Price: Starting from £30
If you have questions or would like to discuss available dates, please contact us by:
Calling Georgie on 07967683367
Responsibility & Sustainability
Artisan leather products made to last a lifetime
Hands of Tym's luxury leather goods are made to last a lifetime.
We design and make all our products with sustainability in mind. Our ethos is that our leather products should be well used, and if for any reason they break, they should be worth fixing.
In the unlikely event your Hands of Tym item breaks, we'll happily fix it for you, meaning it will stay with you, and age with you.
Responsibly Sourced Vegetable Tanned Leather
Here at Hands of Tym we source only the finest Italian vegetable tanned leather to make your products.
Some leathers are not well produced and can be damaging for the environment, but our vegetable tanned leather is a world away from this kind of leather. Here's why:
- It's vegetable tanned, meaning only natural and organic materials are used to tan the leather
- Our leather is made by hand using traditional techniques. Artisans use their skilled hands and techniques passed down for generations, to naturally produce the finest leather, with minimal electricity required
- Our leather speaks for itself, meaning no synthetic substances are used (or needed) to treat it once finished. This way our products evolve over time - their personalities change with every passing year you spend together
- Our leather producer is certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium, and commits to reuse and recycle as much waste as possible into a variety of useful products building circularity into the process.
- For our suppliers, vegetable tanning natural leathers is their artisan craft. It’s been practised for generations and is friendly to the earth.
With thought for the environment, each piece of packaging we use, from our kraft boxes, paper tapes, shredded paper fillers and tissue papers, are recyclable.
Buy One, Get One Tree
We've teamed up with Ecologi and the not-for-profit Eden Reforestation Project, meaning with every checkout over £50 on our website we'll plant a mangrove tree in Madagascar.
We're planting a forest on behalf of our customers on designated land, to the north west of the island, near Marataola.
Not only are we helping soak up carbon from the atmosphere, but we're restoring biodiversity in a country where 90% of its original forests have disappeared.