FREE UK shipping on all orders
British handmade stitching clam for leather craft
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Delivery & Returns
Delivery & Returns
Free UK shipping. Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 working days. International shipping calculated at checkout.
See returns policy here
Quality stitching clams for holding leather whilst hand stitching. Keep your stitching straight and get that professional finish.
Hand stitch your leather with ease with these top-quality, hand-crafted clams. The clams hold your leather securely leaving you to fully concentrate on creating a beautifully straight and professional stitch.
After struggling to find stitching clams as beautiful as my own handcrafted set to recommend to my students I set out on a mission to have my favourite tools crafted from scratch.
These clams have been batch manufactured with very limited stock – don’t miss out!
Each clam has leather panels added to the tops to ensure a gentle grip on your leather.
Crafted, shaped and sized to enable ease of use, these clams will make a beautiful addition to your toolkit. Please note each clam set is unique and there will be a variation in the length, details and finish.
Made from high quality wood and fittings. These clams have been individually crafted to a high quality to support your crafting endeavours.
Shipped directly from our Oxfordshire workshop, England on a 48-hour courier service.
The clams will arrive well-presented and securely wrapped and boxed in a tube packaging.
Size and Details
- Full Clam: H: 85cm - 95cm, W: 85mm – 25mm, D: 65mm
- Top part of clam: H: 30mm, W:85mm D: 65mm
(all dimensions are approximate)
Please email any enquiries - email@example.com
Responsibility & Sustainability
Artisan leather products made to last a lifetime
Hands of Tym's luxury leather goods are made to last a lifetime.
We design and make all our products with sustainability in mind. Our ethos is that our leather products should be well used, and if for any reason they break, they should be worth fixing.
In the unlikely event your Hands of Tym item breaks, we'll happily fix it for you, meaning it will stay with you, and age with you.
Responsibly Sourced Vegetable Tanned Leather
Here at Hands of Tym we source only the finest Italian vegetable tanned leather to make your products.
Some leathers are not well produced and can be damaging for the environment, but our vegetable tanned leather is a world away from this kind of leather. Here's why:
- It's vegetable tanned, meaning only natural and organic materials are used to tan the leather
- Our leather is made by hand using traditional techniques. Artisans use their skilled hands and techniques passed down for generations, to naturally produce the finest leather, with minimal electricity required
- Our leather speaks for itself, meaning no synthetic substances are used (or needed) to treat it once finished. This way our products evolve over time - their personalities change with every passing year you spend together
- Our leather producer is certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium, and commits to reuse and recycle as much waste as possible into a variety of useful products building circularity into the process.
- For our suppliers, vegetable tanning natural leathers is their artisan craft. It’s been practised for generations and is friendly to the earth.
With thought for the environment, each piece of packaging we use, from our kraft boxes, paper tapes, shredded paper fillers and tissue papers, are recyclable.
Buy One, Get One Tree
We've teamed up with Ecologi and the not-for-profit Eden Reforestation Project, meaning with every checkout over £50 on our website we'll plant a mangrove tree in Madagascar.
We're planting a forest on behalf of our customers on designated land, to the north west of the island, near Marataola.
Not only are we helping soak up carbon from the atmosphere, but we're restoring biodiversity in a country where 90% of its original forests have disappeared.