1-2-1 Practical Leather Tuition & Consultancy with Georgie Tym
- Regular price
- 3 886 kr
- Regular price
- Sale price
- 3 886 kr
- Unit price
1-2-1 Tuition ‘Learn something new and master your craft’
Pattern cutting, making, design and business consultancy for Bags and Accessories
Join us in the Hands of Tym Workshop, Oxfordshire (UK) for a day of learning and making. Learn directly from Leathersmith and London College of Fashion Lecturer, Georgie Tym.
Who is 1-2-1 tuition for?
1-2-1 tuition is ideal for those who want a tailor made session. An excellent choice if you’re looking to make a bag, pattern cutting, discuss your ideas or bag designs, or to engage in consultancy for your business.
What to expect
No matter your leather crafting dreams or goals, 1-2-1 tuition has you covered.
Time: Sessions run from 10am-4pm or 10- 1pm (half day). There will be a light lunch served at midday and tea/ coffee breaks throughout.
Location: Sessions can be run online or from the Workshop of Hands Of Tym in Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 9DH.
Parking: Parking is available on the drive with easy access via the M40.
Transport: Banbury train station is a 30 min walk. Trains run from both London Marylebone and Birmingham to Banbury in 50 minutes.
We’re also well connected to Reading, Oxford, and Leamington Spa.
Materials are an ADDITIONAL cost. This includes all the leather, hardware and other materials required. There will be a selection of leather and hardware colours for you to choose from on the day or you may bring your own to use.
Price: Starting from £170 (half day) or £290.00 (Full day)
(Discounts available for multiple bookings)
If you have questions or would like to discuss available dates, please contact us by
Calling Georgie on 07967683367
We look forward to warmly welcoming you to the Workshop soon.
Responsibility & Sustainability
Artisan leather products made to last a lifetime
Hands of Tym's luxury leather goods are made to last a lifetime.
We design and make all our products with sustainability in mind. Our ethos is that our leather products should be well used, and if for any reason they break, they should be worth fixing.
In the unlikely event your Hands of Tym item breaks, we'll happily fix it for you, meaning it will stay with you, and age with you.
Responsibly Sourced Vegetable Tanned Leather
Here at Hands of Tym we source only the finest Italian vegetable tanned leather to make your products.
Some leathers are not well produced and can be damaging for the environment, but our vegetable tanned leather is a world away from this kind of leather. Here's why:
- It's vegetable tanned, meaning only natural and organic materials are used to tan the leather
- Our leather is made by hand using traditional techniques. Artisans use their skilled hands and techniques passed down for generations, to naturally produce the finest leather, with minimal electricity required
- Our leather speaks for itself, meaning no synthetic substances are used (or needed) to treat it once finished. This way our products evolve over time - their personalities change with every passing year you spend together
- Our leather producer is certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium, and commits to reuse and recycle as much waste as possible into a variety of useful products building circularity into the process.
- For our suppliers, vegetable tanning natural leathers is their artisan craft. It’s been practised for generations and is friendly to the earth.
With thought for the environment, each piece of packaging we use, from our kraft boxes, paper tapes, shredded paper fillers and tissue papers, are recyclable.
Buy One, Get One Tree
We've teamed up with Ecologi and the not-for-profit Eden Reforestation Project, meaning with every checkout over £50 on our website we'll plant a mangrove tree in Madagascar.
We're planting a forest on behalf of our customers on designated land, to the north west of the island, near Marataola.
Not only are we helping soak up carbon from the atmosphere, but we're restoring biodiversity in a country where 90% of its original forests have disappeared.