FREE UK shipping on all orders
'Fern' Bespoke Handmade Leather Handbag with zip and top handle
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Personalisation & Unique Stamp -More Info
Personalisation & Unique Stamp -More Info
What is personalisation? Personalisation is an embossed stamp of characters including letters, emojis etc. Please select from the options below if you would like to add to your product.
What is a Unique Stamp? A unique stamp is a custom stamp made up of an image of your choice. It can be handprints, a drawing, handwriting etc. Please select from the option below if you would like to add to your product and make sure to upload your artwork too.
'Fern' - your luxury handmade leather handbag with zip and top handle
Introducing Hands of Tym's focal design, Fern. A classically elegant leather handbag with functionality at the heart of the design. This style will see you from formal meetings through to relaxed weekend style.
Featuring a sturdy top zip closure reaching out into end tabs for ease of use, Fern is fully lined with three handy pockets and adjustable straps. The perfect size to comfortably fit your tablet, phone, keys, and other necessities.
Wear your Fern handbag across your body with the adjustable strap, or carry by hand using the top handle.
The top handles are interchangeable and adjustable. Make it perfect for you and when you want a new look you can purchase a new set of straps in a different colour to update the bag.
Made from respectfully-sourced Italian vegetable-tanned leather, with UK sourced hardware and Swiss RiRi Zips, Fern has been individually crafted to last a lifetime.
Make it your own with bespoke personalisation.
Hand cut, hand made and hand finished in our Oxfordshire workshop, England.
Arrives wrapped in a black cotton dust bag, including a 'Made for you' card with care instructions and a unique code to identify your bag.
Size and Details
- Bag: H: 235mm, W: 310mm, D: 140mm
- Two exterior pockets: H: 110mm, W: 120mm
- One interior pocket: H:100mm, W: 140mm
- Made to order and available in multiple colours - make time estimate 2-3 weeks
- Add bespoke personalisation with foils, stamps, and your choice of colours and hardware
- Top handle: Removable, adjustable and interchangeable top handles
- Adjustable leather shoulder strap with stud fastening: Approx 58cm at shortest, Approx 75cm at longest.
- Body: Respectfully-sourced Italian vegetable-tanned leather (biodegradable)
- Zips: Swiss RiRi Zips
- Lining: Black cotton twill
- Fittings/Hardware: Consciously-sourced UK sturdy metal in your choice of gold or silver colour
- Metal feet
Please email to request different strap colours / extra straps if required or any other bespoke enquiries - email@example.com
Material and Care
Here at Hands of Tym, we are passionate about sourcing the highest quality sustainable materials.
- We use responsibly-sourced Italian vegetable-tanned leather. Find out more here.
- Using only the highest quality cuts, the leather will improve with use and age, developing a soft patina over time.
- Natural variations are a product feature of this material and contribute to the individual style of the product.
- The leather is free from harmful chemicals and biodegradable at the end of its life.
Please note: There may be natural changes in the colour of the materials and they may stain easily. Please be careful with oils and inks.
When not in use, store your product in the soft cloth bag (provided) in a cool and dry place.
When you buy from Hands of Tym, you’re getting so much more than your new purchase. You’re creating a connection with the maker - Georgie.
If your leather product becomes damaged (after all, life happens), contact us and we can talk about repair options.
Unique Stamps - personalised leather embossing service
(Scroll down for video instructions to upload your unique stamp and some stamp ideas)
What better way to personalise your Hands of Tym leather products than by adding a unique stamp of your choice.
Unique stamps can be stamped / embossed onto your Hands of Tym product using either gold, silver, rainbow or plain coloured foil.
For a one-off cost of £45 your stamp (max size 25mm x 25mm) is created and can be stamped on as many products as you wish. £5 stamp charge for additional products.
Steps to purchase and add your unique stamp:
- Go to web page of the product you would like stamped
- Scroll to the drop down menus (see image below)
- Select your preference from the “unique Stamp” drop down menu
- Select your unique stamp details from the drop down menu
- Choose your foil colour and other requirements
- Upload a clear photo or scan of your artwork (upload file or drag & drop)
- Name your file
- In the ‘special instructions for the seller’ textbox, let us know where you want your stamp to be placed.
Please note ONLY the 15mm stamp will be suitable for the keyring, fob products.
Your unique stamp can be created from:
- original drawings
- foot/ hand/ paw prints
- Anything else you can think of (just send us an e-mail)
If you need we can supply a kit to help with prints on hands, feet, paws.
If you have any questions we will be delighted to help.
Responsibility & Sustainability
Artisan leather products made to last a lifetime
Hands of Tym's luxury leather goods are made to last a lifetime.
We design and make all our products with sustainability in mind. Our ethos is that our leather products should be well used, and if for any reason they break, they should be worth fixing.
In the unlikely event your Hands of Tym item breaks, we'll happily fix it for you, meaning it will stay with you, and age with you.
Responsibly Sourced Vegetable Tanned Leather
Here at Hands of Tym we source only the finest Italian vegetable tanned leather to make your products.
Some leathers are not well produced and can be damaging for the environment, but our vegetable tanned leather is a world away from this kind of leather. Here's why:
- It's vegetable tanned, meaning only natural and organic materials are used to tan the leather
- Our leather is made by hand using traditional techniques. Artisans use their skilled hands and techniques passed down for generations, to naturally produce the finest leather, with minimal electricity required
- Our leather speaks for itself, meaning no synthetic substances are used (or needed) to treat it once finished. This way our products evolve over time - their personalities change with every passing year you spend together
- Our leather producer is certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium, and commits to reuse and recycle as much waste as possible into a variety of useful products building circularity into the process.
- For our suppliers, vegetable tanning natural leathers is their artisan craft. It’s been practised for generations and is friendly to the earth.
With thought for the environment, each piece of packaging we use, from our kraft boxes, paper tapes, shredded paper fillers and tissue papers, are recyclable.
Buy One, Get One Tree
We've teamed up with Ecologi and the not-for-profit Eden Reforestation Project, meaning with every checkout over £50 on our website we'll plant a mangrove tree in Madagascar.
We're planting a forest on behalf of our customers on designated land, to the north west of the island, near Marataola.
Not only are we helping soak up carbon from the atmosphere, but we're restoring biodiversity in a country where 90% of its original forests have disappeared.