Welcome to Hands of Tym - Luxury Leather Accessories & Bag Making Courses
Please browse our selection of luxury handmade leather goods, including handbags, stationery, belts, purses, small accessories and more. You can personalise any or our core range products with either your own Unique Stamp (hand prints, handwriting etc.) or custom embossing (letters, numbers etc.). All our products are lovingly handmade in our workshop on the edge of the Cotswolds in Oxfordshire, UK by leathersmith Georgie Tym. In addition to our core range of luxury handmade products, we also offer the following products and services:
- Bag making courses at the Hands of Tym Academy in Banbury, Oxfordshire. We offer a range of courses from our popular Bag in a Day handbag making courses to our 5-day Pattern Cutting course. We also offer 1-1 sessions either in the workshop or over Zoom. Please see our Covid-19 Courses Guarantee.
- DIY Bag Kits - a selection of craft it yourself leather bag making kits to make at home. We have a range of kits for you to enjoy crafting from purses to backpacks. Each kit is hand cut and prepared at our workshop in Oxfordshire.
- Leather Craft Tools & Supplies - we offer a range of tools and supplies for all your leather crafting needs
- Leather Repairs & Restoration - Here at the Hands of Tym workshop we have a huge array of tools and expertise to craft beautiful handmade leather products. As a result, we're also well equipped to work on all your leather repairs.
- Consultancy, Bespoke & Sampling - we work with other brands to help you make your ideas a reality. Additionally, as we manufacture all our products by hand here at the workshop, we can accommodate bespoke requests as well as undertaking sampling work for external clients. Please get in touch if you have any questions
Leathersmith, bag designer & maker
Hands of Tym is a luxury leather goods operation focusing on ‘one by one’ humanised manufacture of leather handbags and accessories. Every piece is unique and handmade in Banbury, Oxfordshire. Using only the finest materials sourced as locally as our surviving supply chains will allow, our artistry is based on combining the traditional techniques of leather craft with a modern handbag design aesthetic where functionality is key. Bringing ownership of craft back to the individual, reversing the division of labour and ensuring every piece holds a unique bond to the maker. Dreamt up in 2010 and realised in 2016 following a varied career in Accessories design and development. Founding Leathersmith is designer Georgie Tym, a Cordwainers graduate on a private endeavour to keep British craft and industry alive. Georgie works as Leather Accessories Technical lecturer at the London College of Fashion and continues to work on private bespoke work and consultancy work. Available for design, development, sampling, consultation and training.
Please contact us for a quotation. We’re always happy to hear from you.
Georgie Tym - Founder
I am the founder of Hands of Tym and have been a bag enthusiast for over 10 years, I work as a bag maker, designer and tutor. I work with mostly leather but also with tech fabrics and leather alternatives! I began making things from an early age and my passion built through school. I knew I wanted to run a bespoke making business and after initially thinking formal wear I went to the London College of Fashion to study Bags and Accessories Design and Technology. After this I worked in a variety of different roles designing at Alfred Dunhill, freelancing at small start-ups where I got a taste for my own business again, working at a tannery, a factory and also for Hunter wellington boots working on Design Development of a new bag line. I have made bags for brands worldwide including Nike, Jaguar, M&S, Cherchbi, and for artists and many start-up brands. In 2015 I started my bespoke bag business in Oxfordshire and started lecturing at the London College of Fashion in 2014.