1 day Pattern Cutting for Bags - The Basics
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
1-day practical leather bag pattern cutting course
Join us in our Oxfordshire Workshop (UK) for a day of learning and practical skills. Learn directly from Leathersmith and London College of Fashion Lecturer, Georgie Tym as she guides you through designing your own paper patterns from scratch to create 3D shapes for bags and accessories.
Who is this course for?
This 1-day practical bag pattern cutting course is ideal for all experience levels, from beginners to confident makers. A perfect introduction into some of the pattern cutting skills you’ll need to create and design your own bag patterns.
Are you looking to:
- Start your own bag brand?
- Design your own bags?
- Understand the bag making process?
- Create bags at home to complete your own handmade wardrobe?
- Satisfy a general interest into the skills and techniques required to make your own bags?
If you've answered yes to any of the above, then this is the course for you.
What to expect
Join Georgie to learn the basics of pattern cutting shapes for bags.
This is the course for you if you’re ready to turn those bags you’ve been dreaming up and designing into 3-Dimensional tangible reality.
This is the perfect taster day and leads directly onto the 1 week (5 day) pattern cutting course.
The course covers:
- Professional methods and best practice
- Basic pattern cutting techniques for shapes
- Pattern design/ development and sequences
- Hands on involvement and demonstrations.
There are NO ADDITIONAL costs. Basic materials will be included.
Time: The course runs from 10am - 4.00pm. There will be tea and coffee breaks throughout and a half hour break at lunchtime.
Lunch will be provided, along with tea, coffee and snacks. Please let us know in the order notes of any dietary requirements.
Location: The course will be run from the Workshop of Hands Of Tym in Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 9DH.
Parking: Parking is available on the drive with easy access via the M40.
Transport: Banbury train station is a 30 min walk. Trains run from both London Marylebone and Birmingham to Banbury in 50 minutes.
We’re also well connected to Reading, Oxford, Leamington Spa to name a few.
Maximum class size is 4-5
Call Georgie on 07967683367 for more information
or email email@example.com
(Discounts available for group bookings)
GIFT VOUCHERS ALSO AVAILABLE
MORE DATES COMING SOON - please sign up to email notification
Responsibility & Sustainability
Artisan leather products made to last a lifetime
Hands of Tym's luxury leather goods are made to last a lifetime.
We design and make all our products with sustainability in mind. Our ethos is that our leather products should be well used, and if for any reason they break, they should be worth fixing.
In the unlikely event your Hands of Tym item breaks, we'll happily fix it for you, meaning it will stay with you, and age with you.
Responsibly Sourced Vegetable Tanned Leather
Here at Hands of Tym we source only the finest Italian vegetable tanned leather to make your products.
Some leathers are not well produced and can be damaging for the environment, but our vegetable tanned leather is a world away from this kind of leather. Here's why:
- It's vegetable tanned, meaning only natural and organic materials are used to tan the leather
- Our leather is made by hand using traditional techniques. Artisans use their skilled hands and techniques passed down for generations, to naturally produce the finest leather, with minimal electricity required
- Our leather speaks for itself, meaning no synthetic substances are used (or needed) to treat it once finished. This way our products evolve over time - their personalities change with every passing year you spend together
- Our leather producer is certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium, and commits to reuse and recycle as much waste as possible into a variety of useful products building circularity into the process.
- For our suppliers, vegetable tanning natural leathers is their artisan craft. It’s been practised for generations and is friendly to the earth.
With thought for the environment, each piece of packaging we use, from our kraft boxes, paper tapes, shredded paper fillers and tissue papers, are recyclable.
Buy One, Get One Tree
We've teamed up with Ecologi and the not-for-profit Eden Reforestation Project, meaning with every checkout over £50 on our website we'll plant a mangrove tree in Madagascar.
We're planting a forest on behalf of our customers on designated land, to the north west of the island, near Marataola.
Not only are we helping soak up carbon from the atmosphere, but we're restoring biodiversity in a country where 90% of its original forests have disappeared.