'Laurel Sketch' The Bespoke Handmade Luxury Leather Sketchbook A4 A5 Landscape
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Your refillable leather sketchbook for capturing life’s doodle worthy moments
Create your perfect personalised sketchbook
Laurel Sketch is the essence of personalised ease and style. The perfect gift for the artist or creator in your life - maybe that’s you.
Never miss a moment or big idea with this refillable leather sketchbook cover (A5 or A4 landscape) that fits easily into your bag.
Laurel Sketch features a contrasting adjustable strap with stud fastening to keep your work secure, and two internal card slots perfect for storing inspiration.
Choose your preferred English hand bound paper insert:
High quality white British-made 140gsm paper, specially milled to give excellent performance for artists. The toothy surface gives a good drag for pencil yet limited bleed for when using inks.
Two sizes available
- A5 Landscape
- A4 Landscape
Laurel Sketch arrives complete with one insert and additional inserts can be purchased directly from us.
Made from respectfully-sourced Italian vegetable-tanned leather, Laurel Sketch is free from harsh chemicals. Over time the luxury leather will develop a buttery soft patina.
Make it your own with bespoke personalisation. If you’re gifting Laurel Sketch, a personalised message can be embossed to the bottom right corner (as standard), but get in touch if you have other requests.
Laurel Sketch has been thoughtfully designed and handmade by Hands of Tym, in Oxfordshire, England.
Size and Details
A5 landscape removable leather sketchbook cover
- Paper size: 210mm x 150mm
- Thickness: 120 pages
- Cover size: 167mm x 226mm x 25mm
A4 landscape removable leather sketchbook cover
- Paper size: mm x mm
- Thickness: 120 pages
- Cover size: mm x mm x mm
- 1x insert included
- Made to order and available in multiple colours with contrasting strap.
- Timeless design
- Front strap features the Hands of Tym logo.
- Made from respectfully-sourced Italian vegetable-tanned leather (biodegradable).
- Hand cut. Handmade. Hand finished.
Other Notebook Sizes Available:
- Slim A4 click here (Folio Large)
- Slim A6 click here (Octavo Pocket)
- Standard A5 size click here
- REFILL PADS available CLICK HERE,
Material and Care
Here at Hands of Tym, we are passionate about sourcing the highest quality sustainable materials.
- We use responsibly-sourced Italian vegetable-tanned leather. Find out more here.
- Using only the highest quality cuts, the leather will improve with use and age, developing a soft patina over time.
- Natural variations are a product feature of this material and contribute to the individual style of the product.
- The leather is free from harmful chemicals and biodegradable at the end of its life.
- Hand cut, handmade and hand finished in our workshop in Oxfordshire, England.
Please note: There may be natural changes in the colour of the materials and they may stain easily. Please be careful with oils and inks.
When not in use, store your product in the soft cloth bag (provided) in a cool and dry place.
When you buy from Hands of Tym, you’re getting so much more than your new purchase. You’re creating a connection with the maker - Georgie Tym.
If your leather product becomes damaged (after all, life happens), contact us to find out about repairing your item.
Responsibility & Sustainability
Artisan leather products made to last a lifetime
Hands of Tym's luxury leather goods are made to last a lifetime.
We design and make all our products with sustainability in mind. Our ethos is that our leather products should be well used, and if for any reason they break, they should be worth fixing.
In the unlikely event your Hands of Tym item breaks, we'll happily fix it for you, meaning it will stay with you, and age with you.
Responsibly Sourced Vegetable Tanned Leather
Here at Hands of Tym we source only the finest Italian vegetable tanned leather to make your products.
Some leathers are not well produced and can be damaging for the environment, but our vegetable tanned leather is a world away from this kind of leather. Here's why:
- It's vegetable tanned, meaning only natural and organic materials are used to tan the leather
- Our leather is made by hand using traditional techniques. Artisans use their skilled hands and techniques passed down for generations, to naturally produce the finest leather, with minimal electricity required
- Our leather speaks for itself, meaning no synthetic substances are used (or needed) to treat it once finished. This way our products evolve over time - their personalities change with every passing year you spend together
- Our leather producer is certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium, and commits to reuse and recycle as much waste as possible into a variety of useful products building circularity into the process.
- For our suppliers, vegetable tanning natural leathers is their artisan craft. It’s been practised for generations and is friendly to the earth.
With thought for the environment, each piece of packaging we use, from our kraft boxes, paper tapes, shredded paper fillers and tissue papers, are recyclable.
Buy One, Get One Tree
We've teamed up with Ecologi and the not-for-profit Eden Reforestation Project, meaning with every checkout over £50 on our website we'll plant a mangrove tree in Madagascar.
We're planting a forest on behalf of our customers on designated land, to the north west of the island, near Marataola.
Not only are we helping soak up carbon from the atmosphere, but we're restoring biodiversity in a country where 90% of its original forests have disappeared.