Craft it Yourself Belt Course - A Practical Leather Course
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Craft it Yourself! A Day Course for Beginners and Confident Makers - Make a Belt in One Afternoon.
Join us for an afternoon of learning and making at our Oxfordshire Workshop (UK). Learn directly from Leathersmith and London College of Fashion Lecturer, Georgie Tym, as she guides you through this experience day, making your own ‘raw edge’ Leather Belt with buckle closure, sized to fit you exactly. Personalise with a choice of leather colours and personalisation.
Who is this course for?
This craft it yourself course is ideal for all experience levels, especially if you only have a few hours to spare. A perfect introduction into leather work.
What to expect
Learn the basics of leather craft (for accessories), with introduction to techniques including: skiving, riveting, hole punching, hand finishing and hand cutting leather. You will be working with high-quality, sturdy vegetable-tanned leather.
In order to complete your belt in a day, we will use some pre-prepared components and the belt will be made from a 'Hands of Tym' pattern. Don’t worry though - there is still plenty of hands-on work for you to enjoy.
Time: The course runs from 2.30pm - 5pm, or (9.45 - 12.30 on an AM session.) There will be tea and coffee available throughout the session.
Location: The course will be run from the Workshop of Hands of Tym in Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 9DH.
Parking: Parking is available on the drive with easy access via the M40.
Transport: Banbury train station is a 30 min walk. Trains run from both London Marylebone and Birmingham to Banbury in 50 minutes.
We’re also well connected to Reading, Oxford and Leamington Spa.
Maximum class size is 4.
The Leather Belt has a buckle closure and the length will depend on you. There will be a selection of leather and hardware colours for you to choose from, allowing you to personalise the belt to your style and wardrobe.
The dimensions of the finished belt are either Width 38mm or Width 25mm and it will be the same design and construction as the belt in the product photos.
There are NO ADDITIONAL costs. All leather, hardware and other materials will be included.
Material and Care
Here at Hands of Tym, we are passionate about sourcing the highest quality sustainable materials.
- We use responsibly-sourced Italian vegetable-tanned leather. Find out more here.
- Using only the highest quality cuts, the leather will improve with use and age, developing a soft patina over time.
- Natural variations are a product feature of this material and contribute to the individual style of the product.
- The leather is free from harmful chemicals and biodegradable at the end of its life.
Please note: There may be natural changes in the colour of the materials and they may stain easily. Please be careful with oils and inks.
When not in use, store your product in the soft cloth bag in a cool and dry place.
When you buy from Hands of Tym, you’re getting so much more than your new purchase. You’re creating a connection with the maker - Georgie Tym.
If your leather product becomes damaged (after all, life happens), contact us and we can talk about repair options.
We look forward to seeing you at the Workshop soon.
MORE DATES COMING SOON - please sign up to email notification
(Discounts available for group bookings)
Call Georgie on 07967683367 for more information
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibility & Sustainability
Artisan leather products made to last a lifetime
Hands of Tym's luxury leather goods are made to last a lifetime.
We design and make all our products with sustainability in mind. Our ethos is that our leather products should be well used, and if for any reason they break, they should be worth fixing.
In the unlikely event your Hands of Tym item breaks, we'll happily fix it for you, meaning it will stay with you, and age with you.
Responsibly Sourced Vegetable Tanned Leather
Here at Hands of Tym we source only the finest Italian vegetable tanned leather to make your products.
Some leathers are not well produced and can be damaging for the environment, but our vegetable tanned leather is a world away from this kind of leather. Here's why:
- It's vegetable tanned, meaning only natural and organic materials are used to tan the leather
- Our leather is made by hand using traditional techniques. Artisans use their skilled hands and techniques passed down for generations, to naturally produce the finest leather, with minimal electricity required
- Our leather speaks for itself, meaning no synthetic substances are used (or needed) to treat it once finished. This way our products evolve over time - their personalities change with every passing year you spend together
- Our leather producer is certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium, and commits to reuse and recycle as much waste as possible into a variety of useful products building circularity into the process.
- For our suppliers, vegetable tanning natural leathers is their artisan craft. It’s been practised for generations and is friendly to the earth.
With thought for the environment, each piece of packaging we use, from our kraft boxes, paper tapes, shredded paper fillers and tissue papers, are recyclable.
Buy One, Get One Tree
We've teamed up with Ecologi and the not-for-profit Eden Reforestation Project, meaning with every checkout over £50 on our website we'll plant a mangrove tree in Madagascar.
We're planting a forest on behalf of our customers on designated land, to the north west of the island, near Marataola.
Not only are we helping soak up carbon from the atmosphere, but we're restoring biodiversity in a country where 90% of its original forests have disappeared.